- "I'm like the crescent moon that hides in the shadow of the sun. I'm the crescent moon that can never become a full moon."
Akira Mimasaka (
After graduating from middle school, Akira moved on to Eitoku Senior High with his childhood friends, now known as the F4. The group eventually took over the school and defied several school policies, including wearing street clothes. They also handed out red slips to those who opposed them.
Akira and the F4 first encountered Tsukushi Makino, when her friend hit Tsukasa and Tsukushi protected her. Tsukasa's anger was transferred to Tsukushi, whom insulted him and the rest of the F4. She earned herself a red card, but made her own "declaration of war" on the F4, which Akira and Sojiro thought was "spunky".
Later, Akira and Sojiro teased Tsukasa about Tsukushi's similarity to his older sister, which eventually led Tsukasa to hire some students to assault Tsukushi. When Akira found out about it, he said "that's sick" and wondered if Tsukasa was responding to the abuse he had taken from his sister. Akira and Sojiro later decided to stop bullying Tsukushi, since it involved Tsukasa not them.
Personality and traits
Behind the scenes
- See also: Category:Akira Mimasaka portrayals
- Akira debuts in the first chapter of Boys Over Flowers and appears regularly throughout the rest of the series.
- Koyasu Takehito voices Akira in three Hana Yori Dango drama CDs. He is the first person to portray Akira.
- Koichi Hashizume plays Akira in the 1995 Hana Yori Dango film. As a member of the F4, he aides Tsukasa in the bullying of Tsukushi, along with Sojiro. He also teases Tsukasa about Tsukushi's similarities to Tsukasa's sister, Tsubaki. Akira attends Eitoku Gakuen University and smokes cigarettes in this version.