- Bai He: "We couldn't stand you attracting so much attention. We wanted you to disappear sooner. That's why we let everyone know about the real you. We've spent so much time and money transforming ourselves into the best of all women we could be, so that we could marry the best of all men. Men, like F4, that's our goal."
- Qian Hui: "How could we tolerate a humble and ordinary girl making sheep's eyes at them all day long? They will never fancy an ordinary girl like you."
- — Bai He and Qian Hui insult Shan Cai.[src]
Bai He (Chinese: 百合; pinyin: Bǎi Hé) was a student at Ying De Academy and the best friend of Qian Hui. They both bullied Dong Shan Cai when the F4 started paying attention to her. Later, they occasionally pretended to like her.
Bai He attended Ying De Academy with her best friend, Qian Hui. They both participated with the other students in bullying Dong Shan Cai. She and Qian Hui later pretended to befriend her by erasing a horrible message written on a blackboad, which they had actually written. They then invited her to a party, but lied about it being casual. Once there, they made fun of her clothes and revealed their intense dislike for her. Their plan to embarrass her backfired, when Shan Cai ended up embarrassing Bai He by pouring a drink on her head.
Instead of going on the class trip to Hawaii, she went on a cruise with Qian Hui and the F4 around Taiwan. She was annoyed that Shan Cai was also on cruise. Bai He attended a party that night with the other students. She had Qian Hui make up a game by turning off the lights so she could kiss Dao Ming Si. To her horror, she accidentally kissed Chen Qing He instead. In another ploy to win Si's affections, she showed him a video of Shan Cai and Hua Ze Lei talking. She then attempted to comfort and flirt with him, which failed miserably.
Believing that Shan Cai and Si were dating, Bai He and Qian Hui tried to befriend her. They invited her dancing, but became drunk and ended up leaving Shan Cai at the club. Qian Hui later received photos of Shan Cai with a foreigner that she showed to Bai He. The photos were posted around the school the next day. It was eventually revealed that neither Qian Hui nor Bai He spread the pictures.
She had medium length, brown hair, which she often wore down. Bai He typically wore what she considered trendy and expensive clothes and jewelry, which was mostly name brand. According to herself, she put a lot of time and money into her appearance.
Personality and traits
Despite showing a bit of kindness when she lent Shan Cai a handkerchief, Bai He was a jealous and cold-hearted person. She looked down on Shan Cai, because of her financial status. Bai He was extremely materialistic, and also valued money over looks or personality when it came to potential suitors.
Behind the scenes
- See also: Category:Yuriko Asai portrayals
- She is portrayed by Taiwanese actress, Belinda Cheng in eight episodes of Meteor Garden.
- Bai He is featured in the opening credits of every episode of Meteor Garden, despite not appearing in the latter part of the series.