- "Hello again! I'm Yoko Kamio! Thanks very much for buying Hana Yori Dango 2. I hope you enjoy it!"
- —Yoko Kamio
Boys over Flowers 2 (
Tsukushi Makino is bullied by Yuriko Asai and her friends, but stands up for herself. battle against the F4's tyranny wages on. Later, Rui Hanazawa's first love Shizuka Todo and Tsukushi's childhood friend Kazuya Aoike arrive at Eitoku. Tsukasa Domyoji becomes jealous of Kazuya and issues him a red slip.
- "Tsukushi continues to fight back against the F4 and protect an old friend who has also been given the infamous "red tag". Rui's old flame returns from France. Can Tsukushi really compete with this "perfect girl"? Meanwhile Tsukushi's resistance to the F4 seems like it might actually work!"
- —Viz description
Tsukushi Makino attends a party with Yuriko Asai, Minako Yamano, and Erika Ayuhara, whom spread a vicious rumor about her at school. After overcoming the initial shock, Tsukushi gets revenge and leaves the party. The next day, they show Tsukushi a magazine article about Shizuka Todo, Rui Hanazawa's first love. Tsukasa Domyoji forces the girls to leave Tsukushi alone. He attempts to make amends with her, but she rejects him since it is his fault in the first place. She runs into Akira Mimasaka and Sojiro Nishikado, who tell her more about Rui and Shizuka. Later, Tsukushi sees Rui kissing a poster of Shizuka. He mockingly asks her if she loves him, before kissing her on the cheek.
The next day, Shizuka arrives from France and greets Rui with a passionate embrace. Tsukushi, seeing the contrast between herself and Shizuka, decides to go back to her own world. Tsukushi's friend from elementary school, Kazuya Aoike transfers to Eitoku Academy. Tsukasa quickly becomes jealous of Kazuya and gives him a red card. Tsukushi confronts Tsukasa, which leads to an explosive fight. Tsukasa slaps her without thinking and she punches him in retaliation. She tries her best to protect Kazuya. However, the student body proceed to chase them around campus and corner them in the cafeteria of Eitoku University.
Rui saves her from the bullies, angering Tsukasa. He kicks Rui out the F4. Later, Tsukushi develops a fever and misses the next day of school. Tsukasa visits her and offers to pay her ticket to Hawaii for Eitoku's summer school, which she rejects. Tsukushi opts to go to Atami with Kazuya and her parents. At the beach, she is greeted by Tsukasa's yacht. Shizuka invites her to a party they will be having later on the yacht. Tsukushi tries to refuse, but agrees with Rui's encouragement. That night begins like a fairy tale for Tsukushi, only to end up a disaster when she accidentally kisses Tsukasa.
- See also: List of Boys Over Flowers chapters
- Chapter 6: the sixth installment of Boys Over Flowers, published in Margaret No.13 in June 1992. The chapter introduces Shizuka Todo, Rui Hanazawa's first love.
- Chapter 7: first released on June 20, 1992. Tsukushi Makino learns more details about Shizuka, who arrives from France the following day.
- Chapter 8: Tsukushi's childhood friend, Kazuya Aoike transfers to Eitoku Academy. The chapter was published in July 1992 in the fifteenth issue of Margaret.
- Chapter 9: published in Margaret No.16 on July 20, 1992. Tsukushi confronts Tsukasa Domyoji after he issues a red card to Kazuya.
- Chapter 10: first published in August 1992. Rui saves Tsukushi from bullies, causing Tsukasa to break ties with him.
- Chapter 11: the chapter was originally released in Margaret No.18 in August 1992. Tsukushi goes on vacation with Kazuya to Atami.
- Character profiles: the volume contains profiles on Tsukushi, Tsukasa, Rui, Sojiro, Akira, and Shizuka.
- Side-columns: Kamio greets the reader and thanks them for sending letters and drawings for the art contest in Margaret. She discusses her favorite pop musicians and the novelist Shusaku Endo.
- Kamio recorded the results of the series' first character poll in this volume: (1) Tsukasa, (2) Tsukushi, (3) Rui, (4) Sojiro, (5) Shizuka, (6) Kazuya, (7) Akira, (8) Chieko and Haruo Makino.
- See also: Foreign editions of Boys Over Flowers
- France: the volume was published by Glénat on May 14, 2003. It was also released as an eBook on April 30, 2014.
- Spain: Planeta DeAgostini published it as No me lo digas con Flores 2 on November 16, 2006.
- Taiwan: Tong Li Comics published the volume as Meteor Garden 2 (流星花園 2) on March 10, 1996.
- The illustration on the cover of this volume was originally published in Margaret No.24 as the opening image for chapter seventeen in November 1992. It was also included in Hana Yori Dango Illustrations.
- Ririka Kato, who played Tsukushi Makino in Hana Yori Dango: The Musical, posed with this volume for a photo celebrating Tsukushi's birthday on December 28, 2015.