- "Hello again! I'm Yoko Kamio! Thanks very much for buying Hana Yori Dango 2. I hope you enjoy it!"
- —Yoko Kamio
Boys Over Flowers 2 (
- "Tsukushi continues to fight back against the F4 and protect an old friend who has also been given the infamous "red tag". Rui's old flame returns from France. Can Tsukushi really compete with this "perfect girl"? Meanwhile Tsukushi's resistance to the F4 seems like it might actually work!"
- —Viz description
Tsukushi Makino attends a party with her classmates, Yuriko Asai, Minako Yamano, and Erika Ayuhara. They reveal themselves as the originators of the vicious rumor about Tsukushi. After overcoming the initial shock, Tsukushi embarrasses them at the party and leaves, but not before Yuriko says "this isn't over". The next day, they show Tsukushi a magazine article about Shizuka Todo, Rui Hanazawa's first love. Tsukasa Domyoji arrives and forces the girls to leave Tsukushi alone. He attempts to make amends, but Tsukushi rejects his help since he is the cause of all her problems.
She runs into Akira Mimasaka and Sojiro Nishikado, who tell Tsukushi about Rui's and Shizuka's close relationship. Later, Tsukushi, still in shock, sees Rui kissing a poster of Shizuka. He mockingly asks her if she loves him, before kissing her on the cheek. The next day, Shizuka arrives from France and greets Rui with a passionate embrace. Meanwhile, Tsukushi's friend from elementary school, Kazuya Aoike transfers to Eitoku Academy. Tsukushi's new happy days at school are quickly ruined, when Kazuya finds a red card in his locker.
Tsukushi confronts Tsukasa, which leads to an explosive fight. After punching Tsukasa, Tsukushi attempts to save Kazuya as the student body proceeds to chase them around campus. They eventually run into the cafeteria of Eitoku University, where Rui saves her from the bullies. Tsukasa promptly disowns Rui from the group for protecting her. Tsukushi eventually ends up collapsing from fever and misses the next day of school. Tsukasa visits her and offers to pay her ticket to Hawaii for Eitoku's summer school, which she rejects.
Summer vacation starts and Tsukushi goes to Atami with Kazuya and her parents. At the beach, she is greeted by a yacht carrying the F4 and several other Eitoku students. Shizuka invites her to a party they will be having later on the yacht. Tsukushi tries to refuse, but Shizuka uses Rui to coax Tsukushi. That night begins like a fairy tale for Tsukushi, only to end up a disaster, when she accidentally kisses Tsukasa.
- See also: List of Boys Over Flowers chapters
- Chapter 6: the sixth installment of Boys Over Flowers, published in Margaret No.13 in June 1992. The chapter introduces Shizuka Todo, who Tsukushi learns is Rui Hanazawa's first love.
- Chapter 7: first released on June 20, 1992. Tsukushi struggles to cope with the impending arrival of Shizuka.
- Chapter 8: Tsukushi's childhood friend, Kazuya Aoike transfers to Eitoku Academy. The chapter was published in July 1992 in the fifteenth issue of Margaret.
- Chapter 9: published in Margaret No.16 on July 20, 1992. Tsukushi confronts Tsukasa Domyoji after he issues a red card to Kazuya.
- Chapter 10: first published in August 1992. Rui saves Tsukushi from the bullies, causing Tsukasa to break ties with him.
- Chapter 11: the last chapter in the volume was originally released in Margaret No.18 in August 1992. Tsukushi goes on vacation with Kazuya to Atami.
- Character profiles: the volume contains profiles on Tsukushi, Tsukasa, Rui, Sojiro, Akira, and Shizuka.
- Side-columns: Kamio greets the reader and thanks them for sending letters and drawings for the art contest in Margaret. She discusses her favorite pop musicians and the novelist Shusaku Endo.
- See also: Foreign editions of Boys Over Flowers
- France: the volume was published by Glénat on May 14, 2003. It was also released as an eBook on April 30, 2014.
- Spain: Planeta DeAgostini published it as No me lo digas con Flores 2 on November 16, 2006.
- Taiwan: Tong Li Comics published the volume as Meteor Garden 2 (流星花園 2).
- The illustration on the cover of this volume was originally published in Margaret No.24 as the opening image for chapter seventeen in November 1992. It was also included in Hana Yori Dango Illustrations.
- Ririka Kato, who played Tsukushi Makino in Hana Yori Dango: The Musical, posed with this volume for a photo celebrating Tsukushi's birthday on December 28, 2015.