- "This is volume 6. Thank you very much for your purchase! I decided to try online serialization in hopes that people would find it convenient to read on their commute to school or work, during a break from chores or right before bed."
- —Yoko Kamio, 2017
Boys over Flowers Season 2 6 (花のち晴れ〜花男 Next Season〜 6 Hana Nochi Hare ~HanaDan Next Season~ 6) is the sixth collected edition of Boys Over Flowers Season 2 by Yoko Kamio. It was published in Japan on April 4, 2017. By April 16, the volume sold an estimated 59,517 copies. Viz Media released it digitally on October 24, 2017. The volume consists of chapters thirty-six through forty-two.
Oto Edogawa learns that Momonozono's vice president, Hitoshi Konoe, is behind the attacks on Eitoku students. When Konoe acts innocent, Tenma Hase believes that Oto is mistaken. Haruto Kaguragi defends Oto, causing an argument between him and Tenma.
- "Haruto Kaguragi stands atop the wealthy elite of Eitoku Academy, but he's secretly in love with its poorest student, Oto Edogawa. After hearing that Oto plans to transfer to rival Momonozono Academy, Haruto says things he doesn't mean. Angry and hurt, Oto is then confronted by Konoe for meeting up with Haruto. And Megumi bares her soul (and more!) to comfort a depressed Haruto."
- —Viz description
Oto Edogawa informs Haruto Kaguragi about transferring to Momonozono Academy. Haruto snaps and tells her to "hurry up" then. In actuality, he is devastated that he will not be able to see her anymore. Oto runs into Hitoshi Konoe, who reveals that he was watching her and Haruto. He warns her "not to do anything that might be misconstrued." Oto asks her mother if she can transfer to Momonozono. To Oto's surprise, she firmly refuses. Meanwhile, Megumi Nishidome confesses her feelings to Haruto again. After thinking it over, Haruto decides that he does not want to give up just yet.
The next day, Oto receives a Momonozono uniform from Konoe. She immediately goes to return to him. Outside his apartment, she sees him speaking to the three guys who attacked her previously. Konoe pays them and tells them to "lay off" with the spray paint. After they leave, he spots Oto staring at him. He ignores the situation and asks her about her transfer. She tells him that she is not transferring and turns back to the subject on hand. Konoe becomes angry, saying "there [is] only one thing I care about--making [Tenma] victorious." He then warns her that "no one will believe [her]" since she has no proof.
Oto goes straight to Tenma Hase's house to tell him about Konoe. When Tenma arrives an hour later, he brings Konoe with him. Oto wastes no time accusing Konoe of being behind the Eitoku attacks. However, Tenma does not believe her and she leaves the house in tears. Haruto finds Oto, before she collapses due to stomach pain. Haruto takes her to a hospital and walks her home. Near her home, Tenma and Konoe see Oto and Haruto together. An argument occurs when Haruto realizes why Oto was upset. He questions why Tenma does believe Oto, stating "you gotta believe whatever the girl you like says."
Tired of the fight, Oto orders everyone to leave. Haruto stays and follows her to a nearby park. Tenma soon leaves the car, saying he "should [not] have left [Oto]". Oto turns around and Haruto suddenly hugs her from behind. At that moment, Tenma arrives and order Haruto to get his hands off her. Tenma walks Oto back to house. He voices his rage at Haruto, which worries Oto. The next day, she warns Haruto about Tenma being a martial arts champion. Tenma visits Haruto's house that night to challenge him to a tournament. Haruto accepts the challenge without hesitation.
On New Years', Haruto tags along with Oto and Tenma on their shrine visit. Tenma is irritated by Haruto's face and Oto apologizes. Haruto mocks Tenma, saying "I'm the main character of this story." They begin opening their fortunes. Tenma gets "great luck", while Oto has "good luck." Haruto gets "bad luck" and refuses to tell the others what he got. Oto smiles and asks him if he wants to trade. Haruto deems her smile to be "great luck."
- Chapter 36: it was published on October 30, 2016. Megumi Nishidome confesses her feelings to Haruto Kaguragi again.
- Chapter 37: Haruto decides he is not ready to give up on pursuing Oto Edogawa. The chapter was released in November 2016.
- Chapter 38: Oto witnesses Hitoshi Konoe paying the guys who attacked her earlier. It was released on November 27, 2016 in Japan.
- Chapter 39: was published on December 11, 2016. When Oto tries to tell Tenma Hase about Konoe, he tells her that she must be mistaken.
- Chapter 40: Haruto finds Oto crying, after her fight with Tenma. The chapter was published on Christmas Day, 2016.
- Chapter 41: it was released in January 2017. Haruto defends Oto to Tenma. Later, Tenma catches him hugging Oto.
- Chapter 42: Tenma becomes livid after seeing Haruto hug Oto. He challenges Haruto to a fight, which he readily agrees to. It was published on February 5, 2017.
- See also: Foreign editions of Boys Over Flowers
- South Korea: it was released under the title 꽃보다 맑음6 on October 30, 2017 in South Korea.
- Taiwan: on June 12, 2017, Tong Li Comics published the volume as Meteor Garden Next Season 6 (流星花園～Next Season～6).
- Yoko Kamio drew Konno with Mi-tan in one copy of this volume and Hitoshi Konoe in another for two of her assistants.
- The cover image for this volume was first used as the title page for chapter forty-three.
|Boys Over Flowers Season 2|