Welcome to Boys Over Flowers Wiki
Boys Over Flowers by Yoko Kamio. This includes chapters, anime, dramas, characters, and more. The wiki format allows anyone to create or edit articles, so we can all work to make a comprehensive database.
Don't know anything about how to edit? Here are some guides that can be helpful for you:
Don't know how to help or improve this wiki? Here are some links that can guide you:
Here at Boys Over Flowers Wiki we have some rules for the users behavior and edits. Follow this small list of rules and you will have a great time here:
About Boys Over Flowers
Boys Over Flowers (花より男子 Hana Yori Dango) is the best-selling shojo manga series in Japan. It was created by Yoko Kamio for the manga magazine, Margaret in March 1992. The series ran in the magazine until its conclusion in August 2003. The English language edition was published by Viz Media for North America.
Hana Yori Dango is also notable for its many adaptations in several different mediums. In 1995, a film starring popular 1990s idol, Yuki Uchida was released by Fuji TV. The anime began broadcast in 1996 and concluded with fifty-one episodes and a short film in 1997. Meteor Garden, a Taiwanese drama starring Barbie Hsu and Jerry Yan, followed in 2001. The success of the drama led to the production of a side story and sequel. The series was brought back to Japan in 2005 with a drama starring Mao Inoue and Arashi member, Jun Matsumoto. The Japanese drama continued with a sequel and ended with a film in 2008. Boys Over Flowers was adapted into a Korean drama in 2009 with Ku Hye-sun and Lee Min-ho. The popularity of the three drama adaptations would inspire several unauthorized and/or loosely-based dramas, including an Indonesian version, a Chinese drama, an American version, as well as an Indian soap opera.
The story revolves around the heroine, Tsukushi Makino and her interactions with the F4 at the upper-class school, Eitoku Academy. Tsukushi's story would continue in 2006 and 2008 with three chapters that were published as the series' thirty-seventh volume. Kamio began a sequel, to the series in Shueisha's Shonen Jump+. The sequel follows a new group of students at Eitoku.
Upcoming and recent events
- February 6 - two performances of Hana Yori Dango: The Musical held in Nagoya at the Aichi Arts Center.
- January 31 - Tsukasa Domyoji celebrates his birthday.
- January 28 - Hana Yori Dango musical premieres in Fukuoka at the Fukuoka Sunpalace.
- January 7 - "‘Boys over Flowers’ blooms on stage", read about Yumi Suzuki's decision to work on the musical.
- January 5 - premiere of Hana Yori Dango: The Musical at Theatre Creation in Tokyo.
- December 31 - Yoko Kamio opens up a Twitter account.
- December 27 - new My Margaret exhibit in Sapporo.
- December 22 - first volume of Boys Over Flowers Season 2 released digitally by Viz.
- December 10 - F4 interview in YOUPAPER Stage.
- December 3 - Sojiro Nishikado's birthday, special event on Hana Yori Dango: F4 and First Kiss.
- November 20 - F4 cast members of Hana Yori Dango: The Musical interview in Margaret.
- November 10 - Vic Chou marries actress and girlfriend of four years, Reen Yu, shocking many fans.
- November 7-8 - Hana Yori Dango: F4 and First Kiss booth at Animate Girls Festival in Ikebukuro, Tokyo.
- November 5 - Ririka Kato interview in the November issue of Margaret.
- November 4 - second volume of Boys Over Flowers Season 2 published in Japan.
- October 9 - Hana Yori Dango Café opens in Shibuya, Tokyo.
- September 19 - Yuya Matsushita, Jin Shirasu, Mackenyu, and Ryuji Kamiyama make first appearance as the F4 at the Tokyo Game Show.
- September 18 - Ryo Kimura, Nao Furuhata, Nami Tamaki, Tomoko Ikuta, and Keigo Yoshino cast in Hana Yori Dango: The Musical.
- August 28 - Discotek Media announces plans to release the entire Boys Over Flowers anime, including the anime film in America.
How to help
All pages can be edited and you are welcome to join us and contribute to this wiki. Everyone is free to create a new page or edit an existing one. If you have any questions about the wiki or helping out, you can ask one of Hana Yori Dango Wiki's administrators.
- If you are new to wikis, you may want to read the help page.
- A list of all help pages can be found in .
- If you want to help but you're not sure where to start, try improving the various articles by expanding them.
- Another helpful activity would be to check the list of wanted pages for frequently linked-to articles that don't exist yet.
- You can find a list of useful templates on .
- If you want to experiment with editing a wiki, please do it in a sandbox, not in articles.