- "Tomorrow... I thought that tomorrow was always a given. But I didn't realize how special it was this thing called tomorrow..."
- —Haruto Kaguragi
Chapter 14 (
Oto Edogawa leaves the hospital, after a misunderstanding between her and Haruto Kaguragi. Gradually the air is cleared and they reach an understanding. Later, Haruto shocks Airi Maya by forgiving her so easily.
After accidentally touching Oto Edogawa's breasts, Haruto Kaguragi dreams about her seductively telling him to touch her again. Blushing, Haruto yells that "it was an accident" as he wakes up. The real Oto glares at him from across the room. Haruto then remembers what happened before Oto knocked him out with a punch. Oto calls him a "pervert", though she also acknowledges that it was an accident. She then leaves the hospital and Haruto follows her out.
Recalling an image of Oto after she was beaten, Haruto asks her if she is okay. When she replies "of course not", Haruto apologizes and places the blame on himself. Oto tells him that she knew that he was not behind it. Haruto begins to blush from happiness. Seeing his reaction, Oto apologizes for hurting him with her words earlier. He says "don't apologize" and again takes all the blame. Oto is taken aback and tells him, "you really are a gentleman." Before Oto leaves, Haruto attempts to ask her about Tenma Hase, but hesitates.
At school, Issa Narumiya walks into Oto's homeroom to confirm that she was "the girl who ran in front of [their] car". Issa tells the other girls to be nice to Oto, but she rejects the fake kindness. Oto now wants to live her life on her own terms. Meanwhile, Haruto forgives Airi Maya for hurting Oto. Airi stares at him in shock, wondering "did things work out so well for [him] that [he] can forgive me?" That night, a maid finds a disheveled Airi sitting among her destroyed possessions.
- Airi Maya
- Haruto Kaguragi
- Issa Narumiya
- Kaito Taira
- Oto Edogawa
- Rui Hanazawa (Flashback only)
- Sugimaru Eibi
- Tenma Hase (Flashback only)
- When Haruto bends over backwards, Oto calls it "the Ina Bauer skating move". It is an element "in which a skater skates on two parallel blades" and some skaters bend backwards while performing it. The move was popularized in Japan by Olympic gold medalist Shizuka Arakawa.
- Minor words were removed or replaced, such as "stupid" to "crazy", in Viz's volume edition.
|Boys Over Flowers Season 2|