- "Am I really good enough for Tenma? We're a family of new money that lost it all. We're barely getting by. I don't have time for love."
- —Oto Edogawa
Chapter 22 (
Megumi Nishidome, aka "Megurin", goes to Eitoku Academy to return Haruto Kaguragi's wallet. Oto Edogawa sees them talking together and Haruto attempts to explains the situation. However, Oto tells him that it is none of her business.
Megumi Nishidome returns Haruto Kaguragi's wallet to him, after running into one another in the bath. The rest of the Correct 5 are reluctant to believe that it was an "accident". At the same time, Oto Edogawa and her mother get ready to leave for school and work. Seeing a gift from Tenma Hase's family, Oto remembers his question about how she felt about him. She wonders if she is "good enough for Tenma", considering her family's situation among other factors. At school, she hears news of Megumi and Haruto.
In the Correct 5's Salon, Haruto thanks Megumi for returning her wallet, but asks her to leave. He thinks "in order to maintain discipline" other students cannot suddenly show up at Eitoku. Haruto's comment reminds Megumi of her favorite character from an otome game. He asserts that he looks nothing like the character and leaves the room. Megumi chases after him, though he tells her to leave again. She teases him about the bath incident, which causes him to blush fiercely.
Oto sees Haruto and Megumi talking. Haruto spots Oto and attempts to explain the situation. Oto tells him that "it has nothing to with me" and encourages him to date Megumi. Outside, Oto runs into Airi Maya, who complains about Megumi and states "I thought he was in love with you." Oto says to Airi that she was "mistaken" and that "it doesn't matter." Meanwhile, Haruto stares in the direction that Oto left. Megumi asks him if he is okay, though he ignores her. His angry builds up until he loudly shouts "why?!".
- Airi Maya
- Asami (Flashback(s) only)
- Haruto Kaguragi
- Issa Narumiya
- Kaito Taira
- Kyoko (Flashback(s) only)
- Megumi Nishidome
- Mirei Hase (Flashback(s) only)
- Oto Edogawa
- Oto Edogawa's mother
- Sugimaru Eibi
- Tenma Hase (Flashback(s) only)
- Several words were changed in the volume edition, such as "in the bath?" to "'ran into each other in the bath?'" and "the same bath?!" to "in the same bath?!".
- Oto's mother mistakenly refers to Tenma's family as the "Tenmas" instead of the "Hases" in both the chapter and volume edition.
- Haruto reminds Megumi of a character from a fictional otome game, High Guardians. Boys Over Flowers has been adapted into three such games, Another Love Story, Koi Seyo Otome! and F4 and First Kiss.
|Boys Over Flowers Season 2|