- "My behavior today was so horrible that I want to die. I'm like a double-edged sword that hurts anyone in my path. I hate who I am today. And it's not as if I've ever made descisions for myself."
- —Oto Edogawa
Chapter 23 (
After seeing Haruto Kaguragi talk to Megumi Nishidome, Oto Edogawa begins again snappish towards those around her. At home, she gets mad at her mother and leaves the apartment. Tenma Hase happens to see her on the side of the road.
At work, Konno asks Oto Edogawa about Haruto Kaguragi. Her answer leads Konno to wonder if "something happen[ed] between [them]". Oto avoids the question and goes to straighten the magazine racks. She sees a magazine featuring Megumi Nishidome, and remembers her interactions with Haruto earlier. Konno comments that Megumi "lives in a completely different world." Oto thinks over Konno's words and her conversation in the car with Haruto. She comes to the conclusion that she is jealous, but refuses to admit it.
Meanwhile, a dejected Haruto rests his head on a table. Megumi suggests for him to go explain the situation to Oto. Haruto refuses, claiming that "it'll all come crashing down." He does have the strength right now to talk her, after hearing Oto say "I couldn't care less." Megumi calls him "mentally weak", though Haruto defends himself by comparing Oto's words to a "nuclear warhead". She tells that his statement "tugged at [her] heartstrings" and advises Haruto to be "direct". For practice, Haruto says "I like you", but leaves out of embarrassment.
Oto greets her mother at home. Seeing that her mother has bought an expensive kimono, Oto snaps at her and runs out of the apartment. Despite admitting that she has wanted to say those words for a long time, Oto feels horrible for saying them. Tenma Hase spots Oto from his car and asks her what happened. She tells him to "go on home" since she is "disgusted with [her]self right now." He refuses to leave her alone and holds her hand, telling her "I'm here for you". At the same time, Kobayashi finds Haruto's favorite crystal crushed by a wall clock.
- Airi Maya (Flashback(s) only)
- Haruto Kaguragi
- Megumi Nishidome
- Mi-tan (Mentioned)
- Oto Edogawa
- Tenma Hase
- Yukie Edogawa
- Konno uses the catchphrase "Gets", which was popularized by comedian Dandy Sakano.
- Oto compares Haruto to Hachibei, a character from the long-running series Mito Komon
- In Viz's chapter release, the headlines of the fictional magazine Blue Teen were left in Japanese. The words were translated into English for the volume release.
|Boys Over Flowers Season 2|