- "Not every fairy tale can have a happy ending. I suppose I should be content with the fact that I really did become a princess for the night."
- —Tsukushi Makino
"Cinderella for a Night" (
PlotTsukushi Makino and Kazuya Aoike are on their way to his vacation home in Atami, along with her mother and father. They arrive and go sightseeing as a group, when they happen upon a shrine. The four say a prayer and head out to the beach. Just as they are about to go squid fishing, they see yacht heading towards the beach. Much to her chagrin, Tsukushi sees that Tsukasa Domyoji is on the boat. Shizuka Todo invites Tsukushi to a party on the yacht.
At first, Tsukushi declines the invitation, however her parents insist on her attending the party. Shizuka takes Tsukushi to her cabin on the yacht to help her get ready for the party. The whole party is stunned by Tsukushi's transformation, including Tsukasa. He starts to ask her for a dance, before Yuriko Asai snatches him away. Tsukushi stands to the side watching everyone else dance.
She goes over to the window and begins to have a detailed daydream about dancing with Rui Hanazawa. Tsukushi's illusion stops at the exclaim of Kazuya's dance partner, after he stepped on her foot. She watches Rui and Shizuka dance and looks away just before someone turns off the lights.Someone announces a game called "Kissing in the Dark" and that everyone should kiss someone they like. The party-goers begin moving around trying to find each other. In the hustle and bustle, Tsukushi trips and stumbles forward. The lights turn on and Tsukushi discovers that she just kissed Tsukasa.
Cast and characters
- Screenplay: Yumi Kageyama
- Director: Akinori Yabe
- Animation director: Toshie Kawamura
- Flashbacks from "Declaration of War!" and "The Ordinary Duo!" are used in this episode.
- Minako Yamano is wearing a shirt that says "Channel", a parody of Chanel, along with the famous interlocked letter-C logo.
- Tsukushi's hair stylist from "No Brand Girl!" straightens Tsukasa's hair in this episode.
- The dress that Tsukushi wore to the party is said to be a "Harriet Selling original", the same is also said in the manga.
|Boys Over Flowers (anime)|