|This article is about the drama CDs. For other uses, see Hana Yori Dango.|
Hana Yori Dango (
Cast and characters
- Takuya Kimura as Rui Hanazawa
- Chisa Yokoyama as Tsukushi Makino
- Takumi Nishio as Tsukasa Domyoji
- Nobuo Tobita as Sojiro Nishikado
- Koyasu Takehito as Akira Mimasaka
- Saeko Shimazu as Shizuka Todo
- Hisayoshi Izaki as Kazuya Aoike
Prior to the release of the first CD drama, fans and Yoko Kamio had voiced their support for Takuya Kimura (from the popular boy band SMAP) to play Rui Hanazawa in a Hana Yori Dango film. Coincidentally, a film adaptation was produced in 1995, albeit without Kimura.
The editorial staff of Margaret negotiated with Kimura for him to voice Rui Hanazawa in a CD drama. The role would be his first time voice acting. Watanabe wrote the script for the drama and the recording lasted for a total of seven hours from 11:30 AM to 5:30 PM. Yoko Kamio sat in for part of the recording and was happy about the results, also feeling that the voice actors suited her characters. Kamio and Kimura also did an interview and posed for pictures for Margaret No.15 of 1993.