Meteor Rain (Chinese: 流星雨; pinyin: Liú Xīng Yǔ) is a side series to the Taiwanese drama, Meteor Garden. The show is partially based on Boys Over Flowers by Yoko Kamio. It aired in 2001 on the free-to-air CTS. Each episode focuses on story following a F4 member, excluding Hua Ze Lei.
Cast and characters
- Jerry Yan as Dao Ming Si (Tsukasa Domyoji)
- Vanness Wu as Mei Zuo (Akira Mimasaka)
- Ken Chu as Xi Men (Sojiro Nishikado)
- Vic Chou as Hua Ze Lei (Rui Hanazawa)
- Rainie Yang as Xiao You (Yuki Matsuoka)
- Peien Chien as Xiao Geng (Sara Hinata)
- Aisa Senda as Aisha
- Mai Sato as Mai
- Original work: Boys Over Flowers by Yoko Kamio
- Producers: Angie Chai, Jerry Feng, Wu Zhi Qiang
- Screenplay: Angie Chai, Jerry Feng, Mao Xun Rong
- Planning: Yang Jia Yu
- Director: Tsai Yueh Hsun
- Executive producer: Wang Chuan Ren
- Deputy director: Chen Bi Zhen
- Editing: Wang Zuo Qun
- Recording: Wan Wan
- Production: Lu Shu Juan, Yang Yuan Ren, Cao Jing Xiang
- Cinematography: Lin Qing Fang, Lin Wen Kai
- Lighting: Wang Li Da
- Production cooperation: Shueisha, Margaret editing unit, CTS, Dentsu Tec
- Production rights: Comic Ritz Productions Co. Ltd.
|Important note: there are two different cuts of Meteor Rain. This wiki will be going by the four episodes count, though the three episode count is just as common to find.|
Meteor Rain aired from August 23 to September 6, 2001 on the free-to-air CTS. The series was produced by Angie Chai with Comic Ritz International Production. The success of Meteor Garden led to the production of Meteor Rain and the sequel, Meteor Garden II.
Meteor Rain was released on DVD in Hong Kong on December 31, 2001 and March 21, 2002, and in Japan on February 25, 2005. YA Entertainment also released Meteor Rain on January 3, 2005 in North America.
|North American release|
|January 3, 2005||
|Hong Kong release|
|December 31, 2001|
March 21, 2002
|February 25, 2005||