- Tsukasa: "Look at me! I only wear brand names and what do you wear?"
- Tsukushi: "If you want to know, I'm proud to be a no-brand girl. I don't need brand names to give myself a sense of worth."
- — Tsukushi's 'no-brand girl' speech
"No Brand Girl!" (
PlotTsukushi Makino continues to go to Eitoku Academy, despite receiving a red card from the F4 and kicking their leader in the face. The other students begin to say "good morning" to Tsukushi to silently rebel against the F4 knowing, though she is partially offended by them making a game of it. Makiko Endo attempts to speak to her, but Tsukushi hands her the voice recorder instead.
After class, Tsukushi looks for Rui Hanazawa at the stairwell. She finds him playing the violin in the school's rose garden. Tsukushi thanks him for saving her previously, though he appears bothered by her presence. He says a few harsh words and leaves, but she is undeterred by his gruffness. Makiko gives her the voice recorder with a new message.
On the way home, a group of men grab Tsukushi and push her into a car. They apparently work for Tsukasa Domyoji, and presumably use chloroform to render her unconscious. She is brought to Tsukasa's house, where she is given a full beauty treatment at his home's salon. Tsukasa proposes a deal for her to spend time with him, but only when no else is around. Tsukushi angrily rejects his offer, telling him she cannot be bought with money. Outside Tsukasa's house, Tsukushi bumps into Rui, who actually smiles at something she says.
At school, someone spreads lies about Tsukushi being in a gang and having a "bastard child". She assumes that Tsukasa is the culprit and confronts him by saying she is a virgin, so she could not have a "bastard child". Upon returning to class, she sees Yuriko Asai, Minako Yamano, and Erika Ayuhara erasing the lies from the blackboard. They invite her to a casual party in Roppongi. After consulting a friend, Tsukushi goes to the party, but quickly learns it was actually a trick.
Cast and characters
- Screenplay: Yumi Kageyama
- Director: Yoshihiro Oka
- Animation director: Chuji Nakajima
- Art director: Tadanomi Shimokawa
- The episode covers chapters three, four, and five of the manga.
- Tsukasa mixes up the expression "night and day" with "light and day".
- The party Tsukushi is invited to is in Roppongi, a notable and popular night life spot in Tokyo.
|Boys Over Flowers (anime)|