"Story of an Encounter" (
- Akira Mimasaka
- Mina (First mentioned)
- Ozawa (First mentioned)
- Rie (First appearance)
- Rui Hanazawa
- Sara Hinata (First appearance)
- Shoichiro Nishikado (Mentioned)
- Sojiro Nishikado
- Sojiro Nishikado's father (Mentioned)
- Sojiro Nishikado's mother (First appearance)
- Tsukasa Domyoji
Production"Story of an Encounter" was first published in Margaret September 2000 issue. It was the first short story Yoko Kamio had written in ten years. The story was also the only Boys Over Flowers related short story to be released while Kamio was still working on the series.
In the side-columns of the manga, Kamio said that she "wanted to tell the story Nishikado's past for a long time". She went on to say that she "had no time to do it" before, since the main story took up so much of her time. Kamio also remarked that she would "like to do something else again soon". That "something else" would be "Night of the Crescent Moon", which is about Akira Mimasaka's past.
- The phrase, "ichi-go ichi-e" (
一期一会, lit. "one time, one meeting") is referenced several times throughout the story. It later becomes somewhat of a catchphrase for Sojiro in the 2005 Hana Yori Dango drama.
- Sojiro takes a girl through the tea house's nijiriguchi (lit. "crawling-in entrance"), which is a small door, leading directly to the tea room.
- Akira is wearing a shirt with the silhouette of British punk artist, Sid Vicious.
- The story is titled "Un momento irripetibile" (lit. "An unrepeatable moment") in the Italian edition.
- On November 12, 2017, the story was published on Shonen Jump+ in place of a new chapter of Boys Over Flowers Season 2.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Boys Over Flowers: Jewelry Box
- ↑ Boys Over Flowers volume 28, side-columns
- ↑ http://www.nekobonbon.com/Hanayori/Testi/hanayori28.htm (Italian)
- ↑ https://twitter.com/yokokamioo/status/929419144780492802 (Japanese)
- Read on Shonen Jump+ (Japanese)