Umi Nakajima (
Personality and traits
Behind the scenes
- See also: Category:Umi Nakajima portrayals
- Umi appears in the "Amnesia Arc" of Boys Over Flowers for eleven chapters in volume thirty-two and thirty-three
- Her first name (海) means "sea" or "ocean" in Japanese, while Nakajima (中島) means "middle island".
- Umi is profiled in the fan book, Hana Yori Dango FF as one of the "fighting girls" of the series.
- Erika Toda portrays Umi in the last two episodes of Hana Yori Dango Returns. Like the manga, she meets Tsukushi and Tsukasa at the hospital she is staying at. She begins to spend a lot of time with Tsukasa. Eventually, Umi confesses her feelings to Tsukasa, and tags along on the trip to the mountains. While there, Tsukasa catches on that she is not the one. Devastated, Umi tells Tsukushi a lie that Yuki was out in the snowstorm. She immediately regrets her actions and was thankful for their safe return. To say sorry, Umi helps push Tsukushi's family car.
- She also appears in the video game, Hana Yori Dango: Koi Seyo Otome! (2008), presumably as a rival for Tsukasa's affections. Her hair is blonde in the game.
- Yoko Kamio posted a drawing and a comment about Umi on her Twitter on March 23, 2016. She posted another photo of Umi the same day.