Yuki Matsuoka (
- Tsukushi: "Well, I'm not getting involved with anything at this school. I've got nothing in common with these people anyway."
- Yuki: "Huh. Is this you talking? Tsukushi, you were always ready to jump in and help when there was trouble. Like that time in ninth grade, when I was teased by a boy and cried. You fought for me. You even made him apologize. It's like the kids at Eitoku have never seen your good side."
- — Yuki notices how Tsukushi has changed[src]
When Tsukushi began attending the posh Eitoku Academy, Yuki was always ready to listen to her problems. She was especially interested in hearing about the F4. Yuki noticed that Tsukushi had changed from a person that was "always ready to jump in and help" to someone who did not want to get involved. She was disappointed that Tsukushi's classmates "[had] never seen [her] good side." Several days later at work, Tsukushi talked to Yuki about her classmates inviting her to a party. Yuki was impressed that high school students were going to a party in Roppongi. F4 members Sojiro Nishikado and Rui Hanazawa then walked into the store. Yuki was very excited about meeting them.
Tsukushi later asked Yuki to attend Shizuka Todo's birthday party with her. They borrowed dresses from Yuki's older sister, who frequented night clubs.
Personality and traits
Behind the scenes
- See also: Category:Yuki Matsuoka portrayals
- Yuki first appears in chapter one of Boys Over Flowers.
- Rainie Yang portrays a version of Yuki, renamed Xiao You, in Meteor Garden (2001). Like her manga counterpart, Xiao You is Shan Cai's (Tsukushi) confidante, dates Zhong Ze (Nakatsuka), and develops feelings for Xi Men (Sojiro). Towards the end of Meteor Garden, Xiao You moves to Canada, but returns in an episode of Meteor Rain.
- She is portrayed by Aki Nishihara in Hana Yori Dango and Hana Yori Dango Returns. In the drama, Yuki and Sojiro dislike eachother first. Later, Sojiro helps Yuki get revenge on her ex-boyfriend. Yuki then develops a crush on Sojiro, while he tries avoiding her.
|Boys Over Flowers|